Family Court of Western Australia

Translation of Documents

The Court will not, except in exceptional circumstances authorised by a Judicial Officer, pay the cost of translating documents or other written material, either for lodgment with the Court or originating from the Court.

If you have a document that is to be submitted to the Court and it is not in English, you will need to have it translated first.

The document and the translation will need to be attached to an Affidavit of Translation (see downloads below) sworn or affirmed by the translator before an authorised witness.


Last updated: 17-Sep-2020

[ back to top ]