Resolving Your Dispute

There are many ways to resolve your dispute. It's usually better to sort out problems away from the court. Here are some other options to consider.


When you reach agreement, you may file an Application for Consent Orders (Form 11) asking the Family Court to make orders in terms of your agreement.

Download Consent Orders Kit - (information only, you will also need to download the Form 11 Application for Consent Orders)

If you are involved in litigation in the Family Court, if agreement is reached at any time during the proceedings, it is possible to ask the court to make consent orders by filing a Minute of Consent Orders. A registrar will deal with your request in chambers and consider your orders.

95% of people who commence proceedings in the Family Court reach agreement without the need for a trial.

Last updated: 5-Apr-2016

[ back to top ]