Skip to main content
Family Court of Western Australia
Print page
  • Small Text
  • Medium Text
  • Large Text


Frequently Asked Questions About Services

Does the court have a child minding service?

  • Yes, the court offers a free child minding service to parties attending court hearings, counselling appointments or attending the registry counter. There are conditions and details that users of this service need to be aware of.
back to FAQ main  

Can I photocopy my documents at the court?

  • The court has a coin-operated photocopier on Level 1
  • It is located in the foyer opposite the customer service counter.
  • It takes 10c, 20c, $1 and $2 coins.
  • There are no card facilities for photocopying.
  • Change is available from the customer service counter.
back to FAQ main   

Does the court charge for photocopying documents?

  • To obtain a photocopy of a document (other than a court order) off a file, a charge of $1 per page is levied by the court.
  • This charge cannot be waived.
back to FAQ main  

Is food/drink available in the court building?

  • Limited hot/cold drinks and snacks are available from vending machines on levels 2 and 3 waiting areas. A number of cafes are located near the court.
back to FAQ main   

Where is the justice of the peace?

  • The court has a justice of the peace in attendance Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 1:00pm
  • The JP is located on Level 1, 150 Terrace Road, Perth.
  • JPs are listed by suburb on
  • Telephone the JP line on 1300 657 788
  • Other services are available at:
    • the Justices' Association, 25 Barrack Street, Perth; or
    • Fremantle City Administration Centre, Town Hall Arcade, William Street, Fremantle
back to FAQ main   

How do I book an interpreter?

  • Where one of the parties needs an interpreter, they must complete and sign an interpreter request form (available at Reception). The completed form should then be forwarded to the Court's Audio Visual Officer in the Caseflow section of the court.
  • It is suggested that requests be made as soon as possible after the hearing date is notified to ensure an appropriate interpreter for that language is available.
  • Parties are no longer required to make their own interpreter bookings and the court no longer uses the services of TIS (Telephone Interpreter Service).

More information about interpreter services

back to FAQ main

Last updated: 13-Sep-2013

[ back to top ]

Home |  Privacy |  Copyright & Disclaimer
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.